This program is open to families who meet the following requirements:
- A mother in the third trimester of pregnancy or who has a child under age 1.
- The family must receive education on safe sleep and proper use of the pack’n play.
- The family/caregiver must meet WIC income guidelines.
Cribs for Kids
Unsafe sleep practices remain a leading cause of death for infants younger than 1 year of age. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) 1500 infants died of SUIDS in 2016. Of the other causes of death, 900 additional deaths were from suffocation and strangulation in bed. Through research, it has been found that babies who sleep in unsafe sleep environments, including co-sleeping with parents, are at a 40 times greater risk of dying from SUIDS.
Kenton Hardin Health Department is proud to introduce our Cribs for Kids program. Through this program we will provide parent education on safe sleeping habits and provide a safe sleep environment to help reduce the risk of injury and death of infants. Cribs for Kids will offer Graco Pack’n Play portable cribs to families who cannot afford a safe place for their infant to sleep.
For more information about this program or how to receive a crib for your child; please call the Kenton Hardin Health Department at 419-673-6230. We look forward to working with you!
Public Health Emergencies
- Hours of Operation (Excluding Holidays)
Monday - Thursday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Closed daily for lunch 12:00-12:30PM
- Address:175 West Franklin Street, Kenton, OH 43326
- Email:Contact Us